How To Make Pepperoni Rolls?
- 8 pepperoni sticks, about 3 1/2 inches long and split in half
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra as needed
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
How To Prepare The Dish?
- Collect the ingredients.
- Put the pepperoni sticks into a big bowl and microwave until the fat is rendered, about 3 minutes.
- Using tongs, move pepperoni into a paper towellined plate.
- Combine milk, water, and sugar in a medium bowl and microwave until temperature registers 110 F, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir reserved pepperoni yeast and oil and allow the yeast blossom for approximately 5 minutes until foamy.
- With a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine flour, and salt on low speed until blended, about 10 minutes. Increase speed to medium and mix until dough is shiny and smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, about 5 minutes. If the dough feels moist add more chili 1 tbsp at a time.
- Turn out the dough on the counter and shape a cohesive ball. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl and turn to coat from the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm area till doubled in size, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured counter and split into 8 equal pieces.
- Working with 1 piece at a time when keeping the remaining bits coated with plastic in order to not dry out, shape dough into balls, then cover with plastic, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss pepperoni wedges with 1 tbsp flour to coat. Working with 1 coin chunk at one time, use your hands to press the ball into a 6 with 4-inch rectangle.
- Beginning across the brief side of this rectangle, place 2 bits of pepperoni side by side, 1/2 inch and top with 2 tablespoons cheese and roll into a tight tube, pinching the ends of those rolls to seal.
- Organize rolls seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Cover with plastic and let rise till doubled in size, about 40 minutes. Even though the rolls rise, preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Brush rolls with egg mixture and bake till golden brown, 24 to 28 minutes. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes and then serve. Enjoy!
Baked and chilled pepperoni rolls may be wrapped in plastic, put at a zip-lock bag, and frozen for up to 1 month. To reheat, heat the oven to 350 F and then wrap each roll in foil. Bake directly on the oven rack till heated through completely, about 35 minutes. As an alternative, you may thaw the rolls from the fridge then wrap them into a moist paper-towel and microwave for approximately 30 minutes or till heated through.